|December 3, 2023
Factored was conceived in Palo Alto, California, by Andrew Ng and a team of highly experienced AI researchers, educators, and engineers to help address the significant shortage of qualified AI and machine-learning engineers globally. We know exceptional technical aptitude, intelligence, communication skills, and passion are equally distributed worldwide. We are very committed to testing, vetting, and nurturing the most talented engineers for our program and on behalf of our clients.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated C++ Developer with a strong background in graph-related technologies to join our dynamic team. As a C++ Developer specializing in graphs, you will play a pivotal role in designing, developing, and optimizing complex graph-based systems.
At Factored, we are building a company that we all hold as our own, every single one of us. We need your skills to help take this rocketship to new heights and help create new opportunities for us. In return, you will be rewarded with a fantastic team that supports you, rich culture, shared success, and the flexibility to work- from the comfort of your home or anywhere you prefer in North, Central, or South America.
- Design and architect high-performance systems with a focus on graph-related components and algorithms. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the architecture aligns with overall product goals.
- Develop and maintain C++ codebase by guiding best practices, coding standards, and code reviews.
- Ensure efficient memory management and garbage collection within the database architecture.
- Develop and optimize sophisticated data structures and algorithms for enhanced performance.
- Implement lock multi-threaded solutions to ensure data integrity and consistency.
- Employ graph databases and leverage the power of the property graph data model.
- Collaborate with the global development team to ensure consistent and competitive pricing in the Western Hemisphere.
What you bring to Factored:
- BSc degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Proven expertise in C/C++ development and debugging at the Linux system level.
- Proficiency in C++ standards, with a focus on leveraging advanced features.
- Strong familiarity with C++ templating for creating flexible and reusable code structures.
- Knowledge and experience in graph database implementation.
- Expertise in garbage collection strategies for databases.
- Good understanding of memory management in non-garbage-collected environments.
- Strong background in designing and implementing sophisticated data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with lock multi-threaded implementations in a database context.
- Demonstrated proficiency in algorithms and data structures.
- Strong mathematical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the standard library and STL containers.
- Adept at handling challenging problems and thinking abstractly.
- Comfortable thriving in a dynamic work environment.
- Capable of working independently and remotely.
Nice to Have:
- Experience building database management systems.
- Experience using or managing Cypher query language.
- Experience building interpreters and compilers.
- Experience building high-performance networking applications.
- Experience in template metaprogramming.
- Experience in distributed computing.
At Factored, we believe that passionate, smart people expect honesty and transparency, as well as the freedom to do the best work of their lives while learning and growing as much as possible. Great people enjoy working with other passionate, smart people, so we believe in hiring right, and are very selective about who joins our team. Once we hire you, we will invest in you and support your career and professional growth in many meaningful ways. We hire people who are supremely intelligent and talented, but we recognize that intelligence is not enough. Perhaps more importantly, we look for those who are also passionate about our mission and are honest, diligent, collaborative, kind to others, and fun to be around. Life is too short to work with people who don't inspire you.
We are a transparent workplace, where EVERYBODY has a voice in building OUR company, and where learning and growth is available to everyone based on their merits, not just on stamps on their resume. As impressive as some of the stamps on our resumes are, we recognize that human talent and passion exist everywhere, and come from many backgrounds, so stamps matter much less than results. All of us are dedicated doers and are highly energetic, focusing vehemently on execution because we know that the best learning happens by doing. We recognize that we are creating OUR COMPANY TOGETHER, which is not only a high-performing fast-growing business but is changing the way the world perceives the quality of technical talent in Latin America. We are fueled by the great positive impact we are making in the places where we do business, and are committed to accelerating careers and investing in hundreds (and hopefully thousands) of highly talented data science engineers and data analysts.
In short, our business is about people, so we hire the best people and invest as much as possible in making them fall in love with their work, their learning, and their mission. When not nerding out on data science, we love to make music together, play sports, play games, dance salsa, cook delicious food, brew the best coffee, throw the best parties, and generally have a great time with each other.