C++ Developer (Python, Financial Services)
|Published||January 27, 2023|
|Location||New York, NY|
Location: New York, NY (Onsite)
· The candidate will work as a hands-on C++ Developer within the GBOT DRM Market Risk Squad.
· This position is focused on delivering tactical and strategic solutions to support the Squad for analysis, processing, and reporting.
· The role will require the candidate to perform development and provide system support as required by the project.
· The individual would have the opportunity to re-architect, re-design, and re-engineer platforms to solve data distribution and orchestration problems.
· To be successful, the selected candidate will require an understanding of the banking technology landscape along with the ability to analyze requirements, identify data sources, and communicate to downstream systems.
· Analyze Business User Stories and translate them into meaningful tasks.
· Participate in design discussions and contribute to the architecture process.
· Design stable, scalable Application, application database/data warehouse.
· Opportunity to work on implementation of new risk models in C++ and deploy into production environment.
· Work with WM Strat’s to fully understand the models and develop GUI around the models using Python & Angular/React and distributed database like DB2/Sybase.
· Supporting model run and enhancements in various environments (i.e.: QA, UAT and PROD).
· Identify potential improvements to the current design/processes.
· Participate in all aspects of SDLC (analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation).
· Actively contribute and participate in design and architecture discussions, daily stand-ups, and Agile Sprint planning sessions.
· Support continuous improvement of automated systems.
· 7+ years of demonstrated experience in C++ development
· Familiarity with risk modeling and simulation modeling
· Exposure to Grid computing technologies
· Technical background in integration, development, and/or infrastructure
· Familiar with system architecture to understand how data flows from upstream systems to downstream integration
· Excellent relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills; ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal communications interacting professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
· Organization, facilitation and analytical skills, attention to details and ability to multitask.
· Prior knowledge of working in an Agile squad/chapter setup. Practiced understanding of Agile development methodologies and understanding of DevOps Integration
· Strong familiarity with Agile software/tools (e.g., JIRA) and DevOps processes and tools (e.g. Jenkins and TeamCity).
· Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team environment