|Published||June 1, 2023|
Embedded C++ Developer, AI Platform
The Musco Information Technology Team is currently seeking an Embedded C++ Developer, AI Platform to work based from our Des Moines office. This position will focus on performing software/firmware development functions for the release of new products and improvements to existing products utilizing artificial intelligence and video processing. If you're solutions-focused, detail-oriented, and a strong communicator, we look forward to hearing from you. More details about the role are below.
What you will do as an Embedded C++ Developer, AI Platform:
* Design, develop, test, and maintain software for embedded systems; preferably for Nvidia Jetson.
* Work with cross-functional teams to ensure the software meets the requirements and is of high quality.
* Participate in design and code reviews.
* Analyze and optimize code for performance and memory usage.
* Troubleshoot and debug issues in the software and hardware.
* Stay up-to-date with trends in embedded systems, AI, and Video Encoding.
* Collaborate with other engineers, designers, and business leaders to deliver high-quality products.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
* At least 3 years of experience in Embedded C++ development.
* Strong knowledge of computer vision and deep learning algorithms.
* Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, and C++.
* Experience with cuDNN, TensorRT, Nsight a,nd NVIDIA Video Codec SDK is a plus.
* Experience with software development tools and methodologies.
* Knowledge of software development best practices, such as code reviews and unit testing.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Willingness to learn.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Other special requirements:
* Up to 5% travel may be required. Travel includes trips to job sites, seminars, corporate and manufacturing facilities, and vendors.
* Overtime is required as needed including weekends.
Who is Musco?
At Musco, the industry leader in sports and large-area lighting, our motto is, "We Make It Happen." There is a can-do, innovative spirit here. We are problem solvers, always up for the next challenge. While our headquarters are in Oskaloosa, Iowa, we are a global company, providing lighting solutions at stadiums, arenas, and venues in more than 125 countries.
We believe work should be fun - at Musco, you are part of world-class projects ranging from the London Stadium to the New Orleans Saints Mercedes-Benz Superdome to Iowa State University's Hilton Coliseum, to major transportation hubs, to your local Little League stadium. In addition, we believe helping others is a priority. If giving back is important to you, learn more about Musco's Mini-Pitch System Solution in partnership with the U.S. Soccer Foundation where we've helped youth in underserved areas have access to more recreational opportunities.
Our Team-first culture enables us to envision, create, refine, and guarantee the best lighting systems. We are forward-thinking, always striving to create the next generation of technology. A privately held company since 1976, our supportive and caring culture is based on relationships and creating value. If you'd like to work with a Team that appreciates you, and is invested in your future, Musco may be a great fit for you.
What does Musco offer?
We offer opportunities for meaningful work at a company you can be proud of. That includes supporting learning through on-the-job experiences and options to develop and grow through different roles within your organization. We value our Team Members and support a work-life balance with flexibility for you to volunteer in your community, attend family activities, or simply have time to do the things you enjoy.
In addition, we offer:
* Health insurance - comprehensive plans with low out-of-pocket costs
* Generous paid time off benefits
* Profit sharing - up to 20% of eligible compensation annually
* 4% 401K match - immediately vested
* 100% paid Team Member premiums for life insurance and short-term disability insurance
At Musco, we make it happen and want you to be a part of it.
Join Musco where we are Team first, where possibilities come to life, and where we work on local and global solutions that matter. Together "We Make It Happen" - we invite you to apply at musco.com/careers. Stay connected with us on social media to learn more about the Musco Team.