Embedded Software Engineer – C++
|Published||January 17, 2023|
|Location||Auburn Hills, MI|
Embedded Software Engineer - C++
Auburn Hills, MI
Job Summary of the Embedded Software Engineer
Our client, a leading name in ADAS technology development, is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to work on the design and development for safety critical automotive computer vision-based applications. The candidate will primarily work in C++, taking projects through the entire development life-cycle.
This is a full-time, direct hire role with one of the world's leading providers of innovative automotive technologies. They offer an opportunity to work on the industry's premier active driving projects, along with multiple growth paths for the future.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Engineer
- Development (design, implement, test and debug) of core and/or application specific software requirements for automotive embedded electronic module serial production projects.
- Develop software in compliance with a formal ASPICE/Comma based Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP).
- Perform work assignments as a highly competent software engineer, requiring independent design, implementation and testing of the software components.
- Interface with product development teams located in various geographical locations
- Ability to adapt to changing software release schedules and multitask in a fast-paced environment
Qualifications of the Embedded Software Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Electrical Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s preferred)
- 4+ years of experience developing embedded software for automotive electronics serial development projects (mandatory).
- Real-time embedded software using C++ for 32/64-bit multicore SoC/microcontrollers.
- Experience with OS/BSP, device driver development like Flash, EEPROM, LIN, CANFD, Ethernet, SPI, etc.
- Experience with design, implement, test and debug of embedded software for automotive electronic module.
- Experience with developing software in compliance with a formal ASPICE based Global Product Engineering Process (GPEP).
- Hardware/Software (HW/SW) integration, Software configuration management, Full software life-cycle development
- ISO26262 Functional safety software development experience
- Ability to successfully contribute to multi-disciplined teams.
- Excellent knowledge of Embedded C++ or C including Linux/QNX/RTOS/Autosar environment
- Excellent knowledge of product development engineering practices in automotive field
- Experience using the following tools or related tools:
- Requirements management (PTC/Reqtify)
- Architect & Design (Enterprise Architect)
- Static Analysis (QAC), Debuggers
- Unit Testing (VectorCAST, GTest)
- Configuration Management (PTC Integrity/Git)
- QNX/Linux Development environment
- GUI software development
Compensation of the Embedded Software Engineer
Salary Range- $105,000-120,000 /year.
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only (or TN)