|Published||September 13, 2022|
At Microsoft our mission is to empower people to achieve more - and the Microsoft C++ compiler team delivers the tools to help make that happen.
The Microsoft C++ compiler team empowers a broad C++ ecosystem on multiple platforms and delivers fundamental improvements in solutions impacting millions of developers and billions of users. The tools we produce ship on a global scale to enable developers to build one of the most widely used and critical software platforms in the industry. We also partner internally with teams like Azure on hardware innovations and improving the efficiency of cloud workloads.
* BS in Computer Science, EE, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
* 6 years experience in software development
* 1+ year(s) experience in a leadership role - either as people manager or technical lead
* Experience shipping production C++ compilers
* Low level/Assembly debugging skills
* Code generation and optimization for modern CPUs
* Excellent teamwork and communication skills
* Experience delivering production software
* Track record building high performance teams
* Experience working with C, C++
* Experience creating and delivering on technology roadmaps
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are seeking a compiler team leader who will focus on silicon diversity within the C++ tool chains for current and new hardware platforms.
Successful hires will foster a high performing team that will impact the C++ community and empower customers across Azure, Windows, and Linux. Join us and work as part of a passionate team along with some of the best compiler engineers in industry in an area with a huge impact-there just aren't that many jobs like this!